Where do you turn when the worst happens?
Who do you call when you find yourself trying to pick up the pieces from an accident that was caused by someone else’s carelessness?
At the worst of times it is easy to feel both abandoned and helpless. In the event that your troubles have been caused by someone else, however, you owe it to yourself to talk to a personal injury lawyer to see if you have an opportunity for receiving compensation for health care costs and lost wages. In many cases, even an initial meeting with the right legal professional can help you understand what the average personal injury settlement amounts are in your given circumstances. Instead of facing your problems and your expenses alone, it might be worth your time to seek legal advice. Settlement cases for personal injury events like car accidents or workplace accidents may be able to help you turn the page on a difficult chapter in your life and get off to a new start. The average personal injury settlement amounts can vary from state to state and from situation to situation, but instead of letting someone else’s mistake ruin your life and your finances it is best to see if you have some options.
Consider some of these facts and figures about average personal injury settlement amounts and the number of personal injury accidents that occur in a single year:
- Going to one doctor’s appointment after another can be both exhausting and expensive. If you are a victim of an accident caused by the more than 660,000 drivers using cell phones or manipulating electronic devices while driving, you may find that you are eligible for some kind of compensation.
- Estimates are that every two minutes a person is injured in a drunk driving accident.
- The fact is, distracted driving can be deadly. In fact, in the year 2013 alone, 3,154 people were killed in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers. Another 424,000 people were injured.
- The time to seek legal advice is right after an accident happens. Missed days from work and medical bills add up quickly, make sure that find a good legal resource to see if you might have a case and to find out what the average personal injury settlement amounts are in your state and in your particular situation.
- In the case of a drunk driving accident, an auto accident lawyer may be able to help you determine if you can be compensated for your lost wages at work and the medical expenses you have incurred?
- Nearly 93,000 motorcyclists were injured in the year 2012. By the year 2013, this statistic dropped by 5.4% to 88,000.
- Going to talk to someone at a law firm may be able to help you determine if you are eligible for compensation after being the victim of a workplace accident.
- Help provided by average personal injury settlement amounts allow families to move on with their lives.
- Estimates indicate that 95% to 96% of personal injury cases are settled pretrial. Only 4% to 5% ever make it into the courtroom.
- Letting someone know that you need help is not always easy. In the event of an accident, however, it may be very important for you to connect with possible resources. Through an accident attorney, for instance, you may find a connection to additional physical therapy services or an occupational therapist who can help you adapt to any of your new limitations.
- Put yourself first. What do you need to recover from an accident that was caused by someone else’s carelessness? Once you have a list of needs, as well as a list of questions, it might be time to visit with a personal injury attorney and begin looking for possible solutions.